Thursday, August 10, 2006

Love thy Neighbor (and their dogs)


So for the past week we have been watching our neighbors dogs while they are on vacation. It has been hell week, all week. They have been incessantly barking at night, when they should be sleeping, they are disrupting the neighbors and more importantly; ME. So, last night we decided to let them sleep inside. That was a mistake. A BIG MISTAKE! We put the older one in the laundry room, b/c he has bladder issues and about 3am he decided he wanted out in a big way. Well, when he started barking the rest followed!

Let me explain something to everyone that may not understand, I am not a happy camper when I wake up and especially when I am awakened by barking dogs! So, Jackpot got booted outside. Well, the other two at this point decide that it is time to wake up for the day and start rough housing.

Well, because of this I have made an executive decision. We will not be having children for sure. If I cannot handle taking care of a barking dog at 3am than I am sure as hell not prepared for a crying baby. Besides the fact, that Drew feigned sleep and refused to move much less get up and help me with the ruckus going on downstairs.

I can't wait for the neighbors to get back!

3 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Big Rick said...

I will only offer this observation.....maybe they wake you up because you let them.

Let me explain.....

When Pam is home, the dogs insist on going out at 1am, 3am, and 5am (when she gets up). If she doesn't get up, they become obnoxious, and make her get up. She claims they must "have" to go out, or they wouldn't be so troublesome. (and yes, when they start this, I too pretend to be asleep...in fact, if Pam doesn't wake up quick enough, I'll elbow her to wake her up, then pretend to be asleep).

However, when Pam is out of town....we ALL sleep through the night. If they try to wake me up, I tell them to go to bed, and they do. No troubles.

So..in the end....who is better trained...the dogs, or you and Pam.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Bite me, Big Rick

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Big Rick said...

Where?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home