Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Those were the days


This past weekend our buddy Steve from KC came down to visit and we had a blast. On Friday the boys went golfing and surprise, surprise they did not come home trashed. I think that may have had more to do with the heat than me telling them to behave.

Friday night we went out with Tim and Lisa and they were the only two that behaved, the rest of us decided to stay up until 4 or 5 in the morning. I have come to realize something very important about myself, I can no longer do that, I am too old and set in my ways for anything that daunting.

Saturday we hung around the house and the boys did their thing (drank beer and hung out by the pool) while I tried to get rid of the monstrous headache I had. Steve bought us a great bottle of scotch so Sat. night we had a steak dinner and drank it for dessert (I had 2). All in all it was a great weekend and Sunday afternoon came way too early when we had to take Steve to the airport.

Here are some of the highlights of that weekend
"Let me put it to you this way..."
"Babycakes"
Anything else that may have happened has either been forgotten or those braincells were simply killed off. The whole "thinning of the herd" idea.

All in all we had a great weekend and it makes me miss the good times that we had in KC, it makes me even miss Big Al, a little bit... but not much

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home